3. Oatmeal and Raisin Bars
What if we tell you that you can make a delicious snack with zero cooking? That’s what this recipe is all about.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare the ingredients. Cooking time is about 15 to 20 minutes tops.
- Start by roasting the fresh coconut on a non-stick frying pan to dehydrate it. Turn off the stove and now, roast the almonds and the cashew nuts by pouring ghee on the saucepan.
- Add in the pistachios after roasting and remove from the pan
- Pour in milk in the pan on low flame and stir the sugar.
- Add the cardamom powder after the sugar is dissolved.
- After a soft boil, add in the dates, raisins, and the roasted nuts to the mixture.
- Keep cooking the nuts on a low flame, stirring gently as it cooks.
- After the milk thickens a little, add the coconut powder and cook until the moisture evaporates and the mixture becomes thick.
- Add ghee for flavour, turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down completely. Shape it into rolls and serve fresh.
Serves between 4 to 8 people